These Terms and Conditions set out the ground rules for all of your driver training with Joe Bass.
To be clear – these rules apply to both the customer and your driving instructor. The only exception to the rules herein would be where the driver training vehicle is unexpectedly off the road due to mechanical failure.
These Terms and Conditions are an integral part of your tuition, and will be issued to you upon request or downloaded from my website (https://www.drivewithjoe.co.uk).
It is your responsibility to attend all lessons with a valid provisional driving licence, if a lesson is attended without such a licence – the full lesson price will be due. Joe reserves the right to refuse to provide you with tuition or to cancel any lessons you have agreed to or booked, without liability, if you fail to provide Joe with the licence prior to your first lesson.
The contract for driving tuition is solely between you and Joe. You and Joe are responsible for agreeing all matters relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons.
Lessons booked as part of a block booking (10, 20 or 30 hours) will be honoured at the discounted rate if offered. Lessons pre-paid at less than 10 hours are subject to change without notice should prices be changed.
Lesson prices are available on request - these may be varied at any time by Joe. All prices include VAT at the prevailing rate.
The cost of block booked tuition is based on the lesson price in force at the time that the booking is made and will be honoured for a period of 6 months from the date of the booking. If you fail to use a minimum of 50% of your block booked tuition within the first 6 months of the booking date, Joe reserves the right to increase the price of any unused tuition time.
Payment – Lessons must be paid for in advance unless by prior arrangement and agreement with Joe.
Pick up points – Joe will be pleased to start and finish your lesson from different pick up points – providing these are agreed at least one week in advance – and that both are within the usual area of work.
Cancellation Policy – Lessons can only be cancelled with 2 working days’ notice. Where a cancellation is received within this period, the full cost of the lesson will be due unless the lesson is re-booked within 5 days. Where repeated cancellations occur, Joe reserves the right to charge for the cancelled lesson. Successful driving training depends on continuity of tuition – this policy is in place to maintain this progress. This policy may only be varied by Joe.
IMPORTANT – COVID19 UPDATE – 25 JUNE 2020
I will contact you before each lesson to check:
· If you or anyone in your household has become unwell or has symptoms of COVID
· If you or anyone in your household has been tested in the last week
· If you believe you may have been in contact with someone showing symptoms
· If you or anyone in your household have become unwell or are showing symptoms
If so please inform me, your lesson will be rescheduled to a later date at no cost. If I have any of the above I will inform you and reschedule your lesson. Should you or me show symptoms during the lesson, the lesson will be terminated at no cost.
Communication – All communication must be in person – not via a relative or friend. This is for both security and data protection. Bookings will be accepted by call or text (07934 137560), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or via Facebook Messenger (joebass.adi). Please be aware that Joe may not be available to talk to you during normal working hours due to teaching commitments. He will get back to you at his earliest convenience.
Re-arrangement Policy – Lessons cancelled but re-booked and taken within 5 days have no additional charge.
Bad Weather – Lessons will be taken as booked unless advised Joe in every circumstance. If weather is such that Joe feels that a lesson needs to be re-arranged – he will be in contact with you.
To ensure that communication channels are in place – please ensure that Joe is aware of your mobile and landline numbers.
Holidays and Availability – Joe will give you the maximum possible notice of holidays / days where he is unavailable, please ensure that you do likewise – to maintain progress. Please be sure to book your first lesson after your holiday / break in tuition, to retain your place in the diary – and to maintain progress.
Refund Policy – Refunds for lessons not taken will only be made in exceptional circumstances, and entirely at Joe’s discretion. Lessons already taken will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Health and Safety – Please ensure that you present yourself in suitable clothing – particularly practical shoes. It is also important to attend lessons with any appropriate glasses / lenses for reasons of road safety.
Medication – if you are taking any medication that may affect your ability to drive – please discuss this at the earliest opportunity with Joe.
Be aware that where a pupil presents themselves for a lesson in a condition that Joe believes to be unfit due to the effects of drink or drugs – the lesson will be aborted on the grounds of road safety – and the full lesson price will be due. There will be no exceptions to this rule. There will be no smoking at any time during any lesson.
Practical Tests – will only book with Joe’s agreement. If a test is booked without Joe’s agreement, there will be no assurance that his car will be available for the test. Please consult with Joe where any doubt exists. You are responsible for booking your own theory and practical tests. Test days will be for 3 hours and will be charged at £96.
Your service will include:
(1) Provide you with driving tuition at the hourly rate agreed.
(2) Recommend what are, in their opinion, the most appropriate training methods and aids to help you study for your theory and hazard perception test.
(3) Design a course of lessons to match your specific driving and learning needs from your first lesson right through to your practical test.
(4) Provide you with on-road lessons which will last two hours or such other duration as you and Joe will agree in advance.
(5) Provide a presentable, modern, properly maintained and dual controlled car for each lesson.
(6) Recommend, where appropriate, advanced courses to help you develop your skills for: motorway driving, driving in extreme weather conditions and the Pass Plus.
(7) Give you relevant feedback during your lesson and encourage you to reflect on your lesson at the end of the session.
(8) Monitor your progress, advise and recommend what is, in their opinion, the appropriate time to book your mock practical test and once it has been agreed between you both, apply for your practical driving test and where required, they will advise whether it should be subsequently rescheduled.
(9) Provide training on a one-to-one basis with no other learner in the car.
(10) Honour the full time booked for each lesson, which should include an introduction, practical training and a debrief at the end of your lesson.
(11) At all times conduct themselves in a professional manner including: i. Being courteous and considerate to you. ii. Avoiding physical contact except in an emergency. iii. Not smoking during your lessons. iv. Restricting mobile phone use to emergencies or for your benefit.
(12) Reserve the right to cancel a lesson or finish a lesson early on grounds of road safety.
(13) Not discriminate against you and will always abide by the law.
(14) Endeavour to be on time at the agreed pick-up point and be available for the full duration of the lesson booking, subject to any circumstances beyond their control.
(15) Endeavour to give you two working days’ notice (excluding Bank Holidays) should a lesson need to be rescheduled.
(16) Respond professionally to any worries or issues that you may have and try to resolve them to your satisfaction. Joe commits to fulfil his responsibilities with regard to data protection. Any information and information provided will be treated as confidential, and handled securely. Mobile telephones will not be answered by pupil or instructor during the lesson. Please remember to switch off your phone at the start of all lessons to prevent distraction.
You accept the above terms and conditions upon commencing your training with Joe Bass.
Revision date: 1 April 2022.